*Application Due by October 6, 2023*
Provide research, financial analysis, data modelling, and technical supporting valuing assets and evaluating asset and portfolio returns, performing in-depth market research, and running portfolio optimization analytics.
Property Reserve, Inc. (“PRI”) is the commercial real estate investment group for the reserve fund of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Building on more than 50 years of experience, PRI has established a reputation for excellence in the United States and has expanded into international markets. Unique in the industry, PRI’s investment activities span the development spectrum and include transitioning agricultural land, development, transactions, asset management, and private, non-traded REIT investments.
Based in Salt Lake City, Utah, PRI offers a healthy work-life balance with quick access to outdoor recreation and many other activities. With company growth accelerating, so too have internships, employment, and long-term career opportunities. Our connection to The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints provides a faith-based cultural environment fostering high standards of conduct and excellence in all that we do. Our values define the working environment we strive to create—collaborative, supportive, inclusive, and empowering.
We have summer 2024 internships available in our Land, Asset Management, Investments, Finance, Transactions and Development teams.
As an intern, you will support PRI by providing research, financial analysis, data modelling, and technical supporting valuing assets and evaluating asset and portfolio returns, performing in-depth market research, and running portfolio optimization analytics.
You will be provided with the opportunity to work on multiple projects supporting all aspects of the investment process, utilizing a range of skills. Analysts will interact with professionals across multiple functions, including the Transactions, Asset Management, Land, and Finance teams, and will also work with global teams related to third-party advisory work and private REIT sponsors.
An intern in this position will be exposed to institutional strategy, research, investment, and asset management activities as well as access to industry-leading market participants in the United States, Europe, and Asia Pacific.
WHY CHOOSE PRI?
- Potential to move into a full-time position
- Gain experience that will help facilitate a full-time job offer from another company
- Internship compensation at market rate
- Healthy work-life balance
- Great culture and mission
- Deep pool of mentors at all levels to enable fast-track career growth
- Exposure to institutional real estate processes and practices
- Opportunity to work with industry leading software and related research tools (Argus, Yardi, Procore, NCREIF, CoStar, etc.)
SPECIFICALLY, YOU WILL
- Analyze investment opportunities through market research, in-depth financial analysis, and complex financial modeling
- Support transactions including investment underwriting, due diligence processes, structuring, and closing
- Conduct macro/micro research for both investment opportunities and corporate strategy
- Coordinate, compile, review and summarize property-related due diligence materials
- Assist with the preparation and writing of executive summaries, investment briefs, and memos related to potential investments, both properties and private REITs
- Perform other essential duties as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS AND COMPETENCIES
- Member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and currently temple worthy
- Nearing completion of bachelor’s degree in business, finance, economics, accounting, or relevant field
- Keen interest in real estate and financial markets
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment and execute a wide range of assignments
- Strong work ethic, an entrepreneurial spirit; passion for excellence and desire to learn
- Positive attitude
- Good understanding of accounting and experience in financial analysis and modelling with advanced Excel skills
- Accuracy and attention to detail--fastidious
- High level of proficiency in Excel. Argus experience preferred
- Ability to prioritize assignments to meet numerous deadlines
- Excellent analytical, quantitative, and problem-solving skills
- Superior communication skills with a demonstrated ability to write effectively
- Solid understanding of financial concepts with time value of money
Applications will be accepted Sept. 1, 2023 - Oct. 6, 2023. Internships will be awarded before end of October. Twelve-week internship will be May 20, 2024-August 9, 2024, in PRl's office located in downtown Salt Lake City.
Church employees find joy and satisfaction in using their unique talents and abilities to further the Lord’s work. From the IT professional who develops an app that sends the gospel message worldwide, to the facilities manager who maintains our buildings— giving Church members places to worship, teach, learn, and receive sacred ordinances—our employees seek innovative ways to share the gospel of Jesus Christ with the world. They are literally working in His kingdom.
Only members of the Church who are worthy of a temple recommend qualify for employment. Apart from this, the Church is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its employment decisions on any basis that would violate U.S. or local law.
Qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, national origin, color, gender, pregnancy, marital status, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or other legally protected categories that apply to the Church. The Church will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities.